Speech Therapy is led by our Speech and Language Pathologists. Depending on your child’s needs, speech therapy addresses not only the area of speech articulation skills, but also includes, oral-motor development, verbal and non-verbal communication, nonverbal, pragmatic language, and social communication. Most children with special needs demonstrate challenges in their language or communication skills, one way or another. Being able to communicate their wants and needs, will allow children to become more independent and, in many cases, can help reduce problem behaviors that stem from not being able to communicate as well.
Some of the Specialized Speech Therapy we offer includes:
- PROMPT - for Apraxia / Dyspraxia, motor-speech diffculty, non-verbal or minimally verbal communication
- Hanen - for early language development
- Social Thinking
- Lidcombe Program - for stuttering
- Smooth Speech / Prolonged Speech Program - for stuttering
- PECS - Picture Exchange Communication System
- Social Communication Group Therapy (children are grouped by age and communication ability)
- Parent Coaching Sessions
- Learning Support Assistant (LSA) Coaching Sessions
Speech Therapy sessions are available in both English and Thai.