Occupational Therapy is a profession that helps people across the lifespan to do things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of daily activities (occupations).
Pediatric Occupational Therapist helps children succeed in important areas of their lives. This include helping children build the skills required for essential daily activities such as brushing their teeth, writing their name, or playing with friends.
There's a variety of reasons for come and see our Occupational Therapist, including:
- Delays in fine motor skills.
- Help developing visual motor skills -tracking an object, handeye coordination.
- Cognitive delays including problem-solving skills, memory and attention
- Children with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Delays in play and social interaction skills
- Help with learning basic selfcare tasks, such as getting dressed.
At Little Sprouts we offer Occupational Therapy:
- Assessment: The Comprehensive Assessment it is a detailed evaluation of Occupation Therapy areas and skills including: gross and fine motor, sensory, self-help, play, communication and social areas.
- Screening: The Screening focuses on sensory processing and motor skills, how they are affecting your child’s development in daily activities, and areas where support is required.
- Consultation: We know the importance to be heard. In our consultations you can solve questions regarding behaviours, specific questions, solve problems, etc.
- Intervention: Come and have fun with our Occupational Therapist. Interventions are 1:1 setting focusing on your child's difficulties and your priorities as a parent. We offer 30 minutes, 45 minutes and 60 minutes session.
For more information about this, please contact us.